Punk Poetry/Music/Food/Fashion/Travels with Maria

  • * Punk Poetry * Music * Food * Travel * Fashion *Novels *Poets I Love, Ones I Don't *Poetry Workshops * Gender Issues

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Poetry Series as Chant for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (Day 4)


Haiku for Arctic Poppies

This is part of a 12 poem series I wrote leading up to the opening of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for drilling which happened as part of the Republican Tax "Reform" bill, which effectively serves the interests of the upper 1% at the expense of the other 99%. The inpending loss of habitat and extinction of species already in place due to the climate crisis will be heightened with this new expansion into fossil fuel dependency. I am now working on these poems which were written and posted on the same day--so still in their infancy. I have left this one up for you, as well as the last poem which can be found on my blog here: marialoveswords

Arctic poppies bloom

against a blue mountain range

no refineries.




The Republican Congress has attached a provision to the tax “reform” bill which will allow drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. To read more go here: The Independent



Thursday, September 28, 2017

-->

Ping-Pong Free Press' 4th Annual Speech is Not Free gathering: Writers Against Fascism and for Freedom of the Press. Ping-Pong Free Press and the Henry Miller Memorial Library are proud to feature readings by writers who oppose fascism and dictatorships, and who are for freedom of the press and against totalitarian notions of state-sponsored propaganda.  

Ping-Pong Free Press and Poet Republik Ltd. will also feature readings from their newest releases:   Occasionally, I Remove your Brain Through Your Nose, by J. Hope Stein; Invitation to a Rescue, by Kate Lutzner; and Medeaum, by Jameson O'Hara Laurens, with presales of No Ledge Left to Love, by Dylan Krieger.



Howl! Happening: An Arturo Vega Project
6 East First Street (between Bowery & 2nd Avenue)
New York, NY 10003
(917) 475-1294
contact@howlarts.org



Thursday, June 1, 2017

Henry Miller Library Grand Opening at the Barnyard in Carmel, California

 On May 28th, 2017 The Henry Miller Library opened its doors in Carmel, California at the Barnyard. I was asked to read along with Carolyn Mary Kleefeld and Elliot Ruchowitz-Roberts.
Carolyn Mary Kleefeld

Elliot Ruchowitz-Roberts, has a new collection of poems, White Fire published by Ping-Pong Free Press

Magnus Toren